Thursday 18 January 2007

Weird things about me...

Ok, I've finished knitting the booties, just need to sew them up now but not tonight as I've been drinking a very nice raspberry beer and its late. The second one looks a lot like the first (good!) so I haven't taken another photo, i'll leave that for when they are done. I think i've got enough yarn left for maybe a hat and mittens, or is a stuffed ball better? I don't know, what do you think?

Well, on to something completely different. As Lindsey Tagged me in a comment to my first post, I guess I should work out my list.

THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

So my 6 weird things are:
  1. I can't ride a bike - trust me, I've tried. Circles are ok but straight lines become a problem and you don't get very far going round in circles all the time.
  2. I want unusual animals as pets, not because they're unusual, I just seem to like unusual things. If i had the space I'd have a pet rat, snake, bearded dragon, tropical, marine and cold water fish tanks, a tortoise and probably a cat and a dog as well!
  3. I don't like parsnips. Although I'm getting better and will eat them now if I have too. Apparently its weird to be veggie and not like a vegetable. They are the only 'normal' vegetable I don't like, perhaps I'm more weird for liking sprouts!
  4. I only went camping for the first time last year (I'm 26), there was a massive thunder storm during the night but I loved it and can't wait to go again.
  5. I collect rocks - I'm studying geology, or at least I will be when the course starts in february, and its what geologists do. Actually most of my very small collection so far I've bought but I have a lovely piece of peridotite. Hopefully I'll be able to get some more soon.
  6. I give up, perhaps I'm just not that weird but I can't think of a 6th thing.
Well, I haven't gotten round to reading many other peoples blogs yet, so I don't really know who to tag, therefore I'm going to turn it around - comment here with a link to your blog if you want to answer the 'weird things' thing and I'll pop over and see what you've written, ok?

Right, it's late and I'm sleepy (I do love laptops and wireless networks tho, I'm sat in bed writting this) so I'm going to wish you all a good night. Nite!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Rachel--it is hard to think of people to tag, isn't it? I did some surfing of the AY forum to pick people. :-)

And as far as the bike thing goes....I no longer understand the origin of the phrase "it's just like riding a bike"--a few years ago I got on a bike for the first time since my childhood, and it was HARD! I didn't quite fall down, but it didn't just come back to me instantly, either.